Learn the description and breakdown of the XSEDE organizational structure. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
XSEDE is divided into four organizational levels:
- Level 1 (Project Level):
- encompasses all functional areas as well as external components (e.g. XAB, SPF, UAC)
- led by the Principle Investigator, John Towns
- Level 2 (L2 Functional Areas):
- represents the six functional areas of the project: Community Engagement & Enrichment (CEE), Extended Collaborative Support Services (ECSS), XSEDE Cyberinfrastructure Integration (XCI), Operations (Ops), Resource Allocations Service (RAS), and the Program Office
- led by the L2 Directors
- Level 3 (L3 Focus Areas):
- Each L2 Functional Area is separated into focus areas, called L3 teams, that, collectively, represent the functional responsibilities of that L2 area
- led by L3 Managers
- Level 4 (Working Level):
- Individual team members complete assigned individual and group activities for the L3 team(s) they report into
A Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) approach is used to designate Levels 1 through 3 of the organizational structure.
Organizational level 2 teams are specifically setup to align with the project's strategic goals.
The breakdown of the XSEDE project is shown in the figure below.
XSEDE Organization Chart