Software and advanced digital services connect XSEDE's distributed infrastructure elements into an integrated, seamless, and secure cyberinfrastructure (CI) for users. This CI can be expanded by adding new computing and storage resources, new software, and new advanced digital services. To this end, the XSEDE Cyberinfrastructure Integration (XCI) team works with developers to facilitate integration, sharing, and interoperability in XSEDE of all relevant software and advanced digital services across the national CI community.
Developer Support Services
The XSEDE Cyberinfrastructure Integration (XCI) team works with software developers, integrators, and vendor to address user's most pressing needs. The XCI team can provide developer a-la-carte assistance with the following engineering activities to help them extend the XSEDE environment:
- XSEDE user requirements analysis and documentation
- Identifying capability gaps and soliciting community input on gap priority
- Preparing and executing plans to integrate software into the XSEDE ecosystem
- Conducting software stakeholder design/security reviews to ensure seamless integration
- Instrumenting software for usage tracking and improved ROI analysis
- Quality assurance software testing
- Software packaging, publishing, advertising, and sharing
- Preparing user and developer documentation
To request any of these a-la-carte services e-mail XSEDE Help Desk with the Subject: Request for developer support services from XCI.
Developer Online Resources
The Research Software Portal (RSP) provides information about the above Developer Support Services:
- For XSEDE developers: https://software.xsede.org/community/xsede
- For other research CI developers: https://software.xsede.org/community/software-developers
XSEDE's Information Services provides developers with security and discovery services:
- Inspecting XSEDE's Globus Auth security identities
- Access XSEDE federated infrastructure information through APIs
Expanding XSEDE Software Capabilities through Community Collaboration
The XCI and ECSS teams are also available for longer-term and more extensive collaboration with software and advanced digital services providers, through the Expanding XSEDE Software Capabilities through Community Collaboration initiative.