Software and software based services connect distributed infrastructure elements into an integrated, seamless, and secure cyberinfrastructure for users to use, and for resource, software, and service provider to extend. To this end, the XSEDE Cyberinfrastructure Integration (XCI) team works with developers to facilitate interaction, sharing, and compatibility of all relevant software and related services across the national CI community.
Developer Support Services
The XSEDE Cyberinfrastructure Integration (XCI) team works with software developers, integrators, and vendor to address user's most pressing needs. The XCI team can provide developer a-la-carte assistance with the following engineering activities to help them extend the XSEDE environment:
- XSEDE user requirements analysis and documentation
- Identifying capability gaps and soliciting community input on gap priority
- Preparing and executing plans to integrate software into the XSEDE ecosystem
- Conducting software stakeholder design/security reviews to ensure seamless integration
- Instrumenting software for usage tracking and improved ROI analysis
- Quality assurance software testing
- Software packaging, publishing, advertising, and sharing
- Preparing user and developer documentation
Developer Online Resources
XCI also provides online services thru the Research Software Portal (RSP) that enable developers to produce, share, and discover useful information related to the above Developer Support Services.