About the XSEDE User Portal
The XSEDE User Portal provides access to XSEDE account management, information about XSEDE resources, and means to access many of the existing XSEDE services from a single location.
Create an XSEDE User Portal (XUP) Account
Create an XSEDE User Portal accont here: https://portal.xsede.org. Follow the account creation and validation process to complete your portal account. Once your portal account is active, you can apply for an allocation or request a PI to add you to an existing account. More XUP features are listed below.
Login to the Portal
The XSEDE User Portal (XUP) is available at https://portal.xsede.org or the XUP link at the top of this page. On the home page, enter your XUP username and password in the corresponding fields, and click the "Login" button. If you don't see the Login form immediately after you load the portal in your web browser, click the Login link in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
XSEDE User Portal Features
Navigate the portal services using the tabs at the top of the page. Under each tab is a set of navigation links for services within each main category.
- My XSEDE includes information about your XSEDE projects and allocations, system account usernames on all XSEDE resources, a list of registered distinguished names, password change form, and an "Add User" form. This tab mostly contains information related to you, the user, and your XSEDE account.
- Resources an interface for monitoring the status of XSEDE resources. In particular, it shows the load and job queues for compute resources as well as general static information about all of the resources. Users may also browse science gateways from the Resources tab.
- Documentation includes the Getting Started Guide, compute resource user guides, and other user documentation.
- Allocations how to request XSEDE allocations.
- Training a list of online and and in person training offered to XSEDE users.
- User Forums online web forums for users to share knowledge, tips, and ask questions.
- Help Contact the XSEDE Help Desk and report security incidents.
- ECSS provides information on XSEDE's Extended Collaborative Support Services, expert consulting available to all XSEDE users.