Two upcoming Science Gateways Community Institute events
We wanted to make the XSEDE science gateway community aware of two upcoming Science Gateways Community Institute events.
1) Our first SGCI webinar event will be Jan 11, 10am Pacific/1pm Eastern. Details at http://sciencegateways.org/upcoming-events/webinar-registration/. This month’s topic will be an overview of SGCI services. For those who attended the Dec 21 ECSS symposium, this will be an expansion of that ~20 min talk presentation. This will also be recorded.
2) The Science Gateways Community Institute’s Incubator team is offering an intensive workshop that will take place April 24-28, 2017 at the Purdue Research Park of Indianapolis, IN.
Science Gateways Bootcamp: Strategies for Developing, Operating, and Sustaining Your Gateway is designed for leaders of innovative digital offerings, sometimes called gateways, who are seeking to further develop and scale their work.
Participants will engage in hands-on activities to help them articulate the value of their work to key stakeholders and to create a strong development, operations, and sustainability plan. The workshop will include:
• Core business strategy skills
• Technology best practices
• Long-term sustainability strategies
By the end of the workshop, participants will have developed a working hypothesis of their sustainability strategy and identified the key action steps to get there.
For this session, we will be selecting 6-10 teams to participate, based on their potential to deliver significant value to the community. We expect that this session will fill quickly. There is no cost to participate in the workshop and most meals will be included. Attendees will need to pay for travel, hotel, and a couple of meals.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THROUGH 2/22/2017.
The workshop will be led by:
Michael Zentner: Director of the SGCI Incubator, Senior Research Scientist and Director of HUBzero Platform for Science and Engineering, Entrepreneur in Residence at the Purdue Foundry
Betsy Hillery: SGCI Incubator, Manager, Research Support Operations, Research Computing, Purdue University
Juliana Casavan: Entrepreneurial Programs Manager, The Foundry, Purdue University
Sandra Gesing: Research assistant professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering and computational scientist, Center for Research Computing, University of Notre Dame
Randy Heiland: Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer, Center for Applied Cybersecurity Research (CACR), Indiana University, Bloomington
Nancy Maron: Founder and Principal, BlueSky to BluePrint
Suresh Marru: Deputy director of the Science Gateway Research Center at Indiana University and vice president of the Apache Airavata project.
Nayiri Mullinix: Community Engagement and Exchange Coordinator, SGCI, University of Michigan
Mihaela Vorvoreanu: Associate professor, Department of Computer Graphics Technology, Purdue University
For more details, or to apply, please visit this link: