Stay up to date with up to the minute news from XSEDE and XSEDE User Portal. Subscribe for email notifications.
HPC Engineer position available at University of Pittsburgh
University of Pittsburgh seeking HPC Engineer- see job ad here
The University of Pittsburgh Computing Services and Systems Development (CSSD) is seeking an High Performance Computing (HPC) Engineer at the off-campus Network Operations Center (NOC). This is an advanced technical position to administer and maintain various HPC environments and other mission critical technology resources. Responsible for ensuring continuity of service for University HPC systems, and enterprise systems and services on UNIX & Linux platforms. Duties include installation, configuration, and day-to-day support of hardware, operating systems and system administrative applications for HPC, Linux, and UNIX infrastructures. The incumbent will coordinate and perform server hardware and software upgrades, as well as monitor server performance and network connectivity. The incumbent will also monitor and resolve assigned customer trouble tickets associated with the HPC infrastructure and other University systems. The position is challenged with ensuring maximum availability and highest level of performance for production and mission critical technology resources. Excellent knowledge of RHEL Linux file server operating systems and strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills are required. Seeking the following related skills:
- Red Hat Linux server administration experience
- Strong knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux Servers (networking & storage)
- Experience patching Unix/Linux OS
- Familiarity with certificate renewals
- Solid experience decentralizing multi-server environments
- UNIX/Linux scripting
- High Availability and failover scenarios, load balanced environments
- Perl, Python, InfiniBand skills a plus
- Must be willing to work day, evening, and night shifts as required to support a 24-hour, seven-day operation.
Applicants must provide three work related references (supervisory, whenever possible) as well as include their complete employment and salary history on their application. See job ad for more details and to apply.