Automate your multi-resource or pre/post processing tasks using ECSS Workflows
Our mission is to better enable challenging scientific research on XSEDE through the use of scientific workflow technologies.
Do you have a scientific workflow? Do you use XSEDE in any of the following ways?
- Large scale parameter sweep problems.
- Computations that need to run on more than one XSEDE site.
- Computations that combine multiple scientific applications in novel ways.
- Computations with demanding pre- and post-processing steps that require XSEDE all by themselves.
- Computations requiring non-trivial data movement between XSEDE resources.
The Workflow Community Applications Team is available to help. We provide expertise and assistance with scientific workflow software tools that make challenging workflow problems more efficiently executed, easier to manage, and easier to reproduce.
- Workflow Team Overview
- Introduction to Scientific Workflows
- Video presentation of Introduction to Scientific Workflows (YouTube)
- Gateways and Workflows Symposium Series
- XSEDE15 Workflow Tutorial
Staff Mailing List: firstname.lastname@example.org This is a private mailing list that can be used to reach XSEDE workflow team members and managers.
Community Mailing List: email@example.com This is a community mailing list that is open to anyone interested in scientific workflows. To subscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org with "subscribe workflows" in the body of the message.
XSEDE Scientific Workflow Case Studies
Do you want to learn more about scientific workflows? Here are some example projects.
- SC13 Workflow BOF
- Earthquake Science: Enabling large-scale scientific workflows on petascale resources using MPI master/worker
- Astrophysics: A high throughput workflow environment for cosmological simulations
- Atmospheric Science: The LEAD Portal: a TeraGrid gateway and application service architecture
- Computational Chemistry: Molecular parameter optimization gateway (ParamChem): workflow management through TeraGrid ASTA
- EarthCube and Geosciences: A Workflows Roadmap for the Geosciences
Team Members and Affiliates
- Mats Rynge (ISI/USC)
- Rob Quick (Indiana University): Extended Support for Science Gateways Lead
- Suresh Marru (Indiana University)
- Sergiu Sanielevici (Pittsburgh Supercomputer Center): Novel and Innovative Projects Lead
The XSEDE Workflow Community Applications Team's charter is to assist researchers to use scientific workflow technologies on XSEDE to solve challenging scientific problems involving parameter sweeps, multiple applications combined in dependency chains, tightly coupled applications, and similar execution patterns that require multiple applications and multiple XSEDE resources. The workflow team accomplishes its mission through the use of third party workflow software in collaboration with the workflow developers, service providers and XSEDE Extended Collaborative Support Services.