XSEDE14 is hosted by
In cooperation with
XSEDE is supported by the
National Science Foundation
Non-profit Silver Sponsor
Non-profit Bronze Sponsors
Guidelines for Presenters
Use of XSEDE-allocated Resources in Tutorials
Presenters planning to use an XSEDE-allocated resource during a hands-on tutorial are urged to make contact with the appropriate institution well in advance of the conference. All coordination of resources is the responsibility of the presenter.
Following are some contacts (though not an exhaustive list):
- NICS - Robert "Bobby" Whitten, firstname.lastname@example.org
- PSC - email@example.com
- SDSC - Mahidhar Tatineni, firstname.lastname@example.org
- TACC - Chris Hempel, email@example.com
In emails to any of the above, include the following:
Subject Line: XSEDE14 Tutorial Reservation Request, name of requested resource, specific number of cores (in multiples of 16), date of tutorial, start and end times, and student account needs.
Information Needed From All Authors/Presenters
To ensure that every session runs smoothly and participants and presenters benefit, authors/presenters are asked to provide the following information for each session:
- Send name and contact info of author(s) who will present to appropriate track chair. (Track Chairs listed below.)
- Brief biography of presenter (50-75 words).
- List of equipment (electrical outlets, extension cords, laptops, projectors, access to digital resources, Internet access, etc.) required for the presentation.
- In addition, for Tutorials, forward the abstract and any requirements/prerequisites for participants to the Tutorial Chair.
Instructions for Presenters
- Come to your session 15 minutes before it is scheduled to start, and introduce yourself to the session chair.
- Test the presentation equipment beforehand to ensure that technical issues are addressed or avoided before the session begins.
- Sessions will run exactly as scheduled. If a presenter misses his or her time slot, we will not be able to reschedule.
Instructions for Session Chairs
- Be at your session at least 15 minutes before it is scheduled to start, as we have instructed the presenters to come to the sessions early and introduce themselves to you.
- Test the presentation equipment beforehand and contact A/V persons if needed.
- Start and end a session, including Q&A, according to the published scheduled time.
- If a speaker is missing for a time slot, that time slot will remain unused, and we will not schedule the next speaker into that time slot. In this way, we will be able to follow the schedule as it is publicized.
Instructions for Posters
Posters may have physical paper dimensions of up to 48 inches wide and up to 48 inches high. Under no circumstances will we allow display of any poster exceeding the stated dimension limits. We strongly urge you to make your poster slightly smaller than the dimension limits, perhaps 45 inches by 45 inches. These size restrictions are necessary because each poster presenter will be assigned a portion of a poster board that will be shared with other posters.