XSEDE14 is hosted by
In cooperation with
XSEDE is supported by the
National Science Foundation
Non-profit Silver Sponsor
Non-profit Bronze Sponsors
The XSEDE14 Student Program - Don't Miss It!
What is XSEDE14?
The Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment (XSEDE) is the most advanced, powerful, and robust collection of integrated advanced digital resources and services in the world. It is a single virtual system that scientists can use to interactively share computing resources, data, and expertise. Scientists and engineers around the world use these resources and services—things like supercomputers, collections of data, and new tools—to make our lives healthier, safer, and better.
The 2014 XSEDE conference will showcase the discoveries, innovations, and achievements of those who use, build, and support XSEDE resources and services, as well as those involved in related digital resources endeavors around the world. The theme of XSEDE14 is Engaging Communities, to engage both traditional users of digital resources and people who have not traditionally used digital resources but would benefit from their usage. From experts in the field, to peole who are novices in the applications of digital resources, the XSEDE14 Conference will provide a range of formal and informal opportunities for people to interact and address their diverse needs and interests.
What is the XSEDE14 Student Program?
The student program encompasses all of the student-focused sessions and events at the conference. We invite students in any discipline who are interested in learning how digital resources can be used to further their research or career goals to participate. Here are some highlights from the planned activities:
· A team-based modeling & simulation challenge.
· Career focused activities, including a keynote speaker from Proctor and Gamble, a panel discussion with professionals who use or provide digital resources every day and a job fair.
· Conference orientation dinner with mentors from the XSEDE community.
· Student paper and student poster tracks with best student paper and poster awards.
· Student travel, lodging and registration grants: apply here.
· Student volunteer opportunities.
Student travel grants - apply here!
What else will be going on at the XSEDE14 conference?
Students are welcome at any of the other exciting activities at the conference, such as:
· Tutorials for students, researchers and professionals with topics for beginners to experts
· Four tracks of technical talks – "Accelerating Discovery in Scholarly Research," "Hardware and Systems Software," "Software and Software Environments," and "Education, Outreach and Training"
· Lightning talks to introduce a range of high quality papers in a fast-paced format
· Joint Poster session and Visualization showcase
Why not join us in historic Atlanta this July?
Further information on the planned activities coming soon, check back often.
If you have questions or would like to otherwise contact Karen Tomko, Student Program Chair, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org