Submitting a Successful Abstract or Paper to XSEDE16
The EasyChair submission site is open: http://bit.ly/XSEDE16Submit
Abstracts and papers should be submitted using the ACM proceedings format: http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template
Accelerating Discovery in Scholarly Research Track:
This track will emphasize the scholarship enabled via advanced digital resources in research pertaining to science and engineering, humanities, social sciences, data science and other domains. Submissions will be accepted based on their merit and are expected to clearly articulate the problem, the solutions proposed and the outcomes. Submissions should highlight the computational approaches employed, and explain what resources were used and how they enabled the scholarly accomplishments. Submissions to this track may emphasize the computational methods (algorithms, techniques, software, models, etc.) and the advantage of using the cyberinfrastructure resources for the advancement of the current state-of-the-art research, while reserving detailed discussion of original research results for publication elsewhere.
Work at early stages of development as well as work that has been demonstrated in practice is equally welcome. Of particular interest are papers that identify and analyze novel ideas providing incremental scholarly advancements in various research areas. The submissions are expected to highlight the following:
- Large-scale Computing Resources:
- Use of cyberinfrastructure resources, exploiting parallelism at large-scale, the coordination of large numbers of processing elements, synchronization and communication at large-scale, programming models and productivity.
- Computational Methods:
- Novel algorithmic and application studies on hybrid architectures, design and use of computational methods that scale to large-scales, defining current limitations, addressing the identified problems using advanced computing resources, performance improvements and insights gained, analytics and visualization with new computational methods showing how to achieve significant improvements from existing approaches. The submissions pertaining to the topics such as, data-intensive and scalable computing along with the programming models, techniques, algorithms and innovative methods of big data processing employing hybrid computing environments, and Big Data applications, experiences and solutions for specific domains of data science are strongly encouraged.
Submissions will be evaluated based on novelty, precision, originality, technical strength, scientific impact, presentation quality and appropriateness. Submitted papers should not have appeared in or under consideration for another venue.
- focus on technology developments -- in software, hardware, integration, configuration, or operational use -- emphasizing technology in practice over technology in theory;
- clearly state the objectives for and impact of the technology -- such as increased performance, capability, user productivity, usability or reliability -- and, ideally, describe how the impact has been observed or measured;
- lay out the technology's benefits to high-end or large-scale compute and storage environments, grid middleware, job schedulers, tracking and monitoring tools, workflow solutions, compilers, networking, or data management;
- describe how and where the technology is in use and how others can take advantage of it; and
- (ideally) contribute to the conference theme of DIVERSITY, BIG DATA, & SCIENCE AT SCALE: Enabling the Next-Generation of Science and Technology.
Software and Software Environments Track
More information to come soon
Workforce Development and Diversity Track
- a topic which is highly relevant to XSEDE, its partners, and users
- represents, empowers, and/or incorporates an underrepresented community
- has a strong well thought-out agenda/implementation
- follows best practices and may include multidisciplinary research and/or teaching efforts
- strives to include both quantitative and qualitative data when demonstrating need for various program/activities
- emphasizes new programs and activities that address challenges and changes in the STEM community