TACC Summer Supercomputing Institute 2012
Texas Advanced Computing Center
Host site URL:
TACC Hosts 6th Annual Summer Supercomputing Institute
Apply Now: June 15 application deadline!
The Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) will host the sixth annual, five-day Summer Supercomputing Institute in Austin, Texas, from July 30 – August 3, 2012.
TACC staff will deliver presentations and lead interactive labs focused on using TACC’s resources and technologies, including:
• Ranger: Sun Constellation Linux Cluster;
• Lonestar: Dell Linux Cluster;
• Longhorn: Dell/NVIDIA Visualization and Data Analysis Cluster;
• Spur: Sun Remote Visualization Cluster;
• Ranch: Petabyte archival facility;
• Developing parallel programs with OpenMP and MPI;
• Analyzing and optimizing application performance; and
• GPGPU programming.
In January 2013 TACC is scheduled to deploy a new compute cluster, Stampede. Funded by the National Science Foundation, this new cluster will provide the user community with access to 2 PFlops of Intel based microprocessor power and 8 PFlops of Intel MIC (Many Integrated Core) architecture technology. During the Institute students will receive a description of the system and TACC staff will present a session on how to use the new MIC architecture.
• June 15, application deadline
• June 22, notifications sent to applicants
• June 29, payment ($150) deadline for accepted applicants (covers lunch, snacks and course materials)
Please apply here: http://www.tacc.utexas.edu/summer-institute/application
More information: http://www.tacc.utexas.edu/summer-institute
In person (Texas Advanced Computing Center)
07/30/2012 08:30 - 08/03/2012 16:00 CDT (SESSION HAS ENDED)View Session Details →
- Bob Garza
- Contact phone
- Contact email
- Texas Advanced Computing Center
- J.J. Pickle Research Campus
10100 Burnet Rd., ROC 1.603
Austin, TX 78758