XSEDE @Albany State University
Albany State University
Host site URL:
A free two-day in-person regional XSEDE workshop hosted by Albany State University in Albany, GA. Open to faculty, researchers, and students interested in learning how to incorporate analytics, modeling and simulation, advanced data analysis and visualization, and high performance computing into their teaching and research. Agenda topics will include:
- Why Research Computing Matters and XSEDE Overview
- New User Training – Requesting Access, Submitting Jobs, File Transfer, User Service, and Science Gateways: This tutorial will help new users become comfortable with the steps needed to access XSEDE resources, and to successfully use those resources to accomplish their research or educational goals. The practice section of the tutorial will consist of hands-on activities including submitting a job, figuring out why it has not run and transferring files between supercomputers.
- Computational Thinking: Introduction to Analytics, Modeling, and Simulation in Teaching: This session will provide example materials for basic computational science education, modeling, and computational thinking. Several different tools that can be used to introduce modeling concepts will be demonstrated along with sources of models and instructional modules that can be inserted into a wide range of courses. The session will review model computational science undergraduate programs and facilitate discussions of the paths to curriculum changes.
- Bioinformatics Databases and Tools: This tutorial will cover bioinformatics topics such as databases, structural bioinformatics, molecular dynamics and De Novo RNA-seq assembly using Trinity. During the hands-on exercises, we will help you run your own molecular dynamics simulation and Trinity job on an XSEDE supercomputer.
- One-on-one consulting: How to you can use XSEDE for your research problems in science, engineering, mathematics, humanities, and social sciences.
Click here for the Albany State Campus Map.
In person (Albany State University)
04/22/2016 08:30 - 04/23/2016 12:30 EDT (SESSION HAS ENDED)View Session Details →
- Registration open date
- 03/15/2016 17:00 EDT
- Registration close date
- 04/20/2016 12:00 EDT
- Dr. Olabisi Ojo
- Contact phone
- Contact email
- Albany State University
- Simmons Hall
504 College Drive
Albany, GA 31705