XSEDE @South Carolina State University
South Carolina State University
Host site URL:
Join us for a free two-day in-person workshop hosted by South Carolina State in partnership with Claflin University, Clinton College, Denmark Technical College, and the Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment (XSEDE). Modeling, simulation, data analytics and visualization help us make sense of complex and large quantities of information, leading to insight and new discoveries. These important skills can accelerate your research and increase your students’ employment options and graduate school opportunities.
Open to faculty, students, staff, and adminstrators, the agenda includes:
- Overview of XSEDE
- Computational Thinking: Introduction to Analytics, Modeling, and Simulation in Teaching
- XSEDE New User Training – Requesting Access, Submitting Jobs, File Transfer, User Services, and Science Gateways
- Introduction to Scientific Visualization – Hands on with visualization tools to gain insight and understand your data.
- One-on-one consulting: Discuss using XSEDE to power your research or in your classroom.
Attend the entire workshop or just one or two sessions.
You will need a password in order to register for this class. You can obtain the password from the host for this training event.
In person (South Carolina State University)
10/20/2017 09:00 - 10/21/2017 17:00 EDT (SESSION HAS ENDED)View Session Details →
- Registration open date
- 09/07/2017 09:00 EDT
- Registration close date
- 10/21/2017 16:00 EDT
- Class size restriction
- 50 registrants
(24 spots left)
- Damian Clarke
- Contact phone
- (803) 536-8480
- Contact email
- South Carolina State University
- NEW ENGINEERING BUILDING
300 COLLEGE STREET NE
ORANGEBURG, SC 29117
- (803) 536-8480