The discussion forums in the XSEDE User Portal are for users to share experiences, questions, and comments with other users and XSEDE staff. Visitors are welcome to browse and search, but you must login to contribute to the forums. While XSEDE staff monitor the lists, XSEDE does not guarantee that questions will be answered. Please note that the forums are not a replacement for formal support or bug reporting procedures through the XSEDE Help Desk. You must be logged in to post to the user forums.

« Back to Allocations

XSEDE Resource Allocation System

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
XSEDE Resource Allocation System
Answer
12/18/15 8:21 AM
I am trying to do research on Protein lipid interaction. I am from Nepal. We don't have any access to High Performance Computing here, not at any department. I have talked to my Physics department, but they are either telling me to choose any other research topic instead. However, I don't want to curb me passion to do research in this field. I have been running and simulating small proteins at my i3 laptop so far, but it has only 2 cores and 4 threads, which is definitely very very slow to run large computation of large bio molecules as I don't have an access to machines with 8+threads, good quality GPU card and faster processor. So, I am rather desperate to pursue my passion and overcome this problem. I need to get access to high performance computing, so my friend at US suggested me of Xsede. I signed up for it, but I don't know anyone for PI's from US and I am not even sure that Xsede allows the researchers outside US to use its system. So, what should I do ?