The discussion forums in the XSEDE User Portal are for users to share experiences, questions, and comments with other users and XSEDE staff. Visitors are welcome to browse and search, but you must login to contribute to the forums. While XSEDE staff monitor the lists, XSEDE does not guarantee that questions will be answered. Please note that the forums are not a replacement for formal support or bug reporting procedures through the XSEDE Help Desk. You must be logged in to post to the user forums.

« Back to Allocations

Education allocation limits

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Education allocation limits
Answer
11/16/16 9:28 PM
I am interested in applying for an education allocation on Xstream (we will be using GPUs). I am wondering if the startup allocation limit also applies to the education allocation. I will have 15 students in the class, so if the allocation limit is 5,000 SUs, this only only allows around 300 SUs per student, and if they are using multiple GPUs, the total simulation time for the course will not be very long. Is it possible to request more than 5,000 SUs on Xstream for an educational allocation?

Thank you.

RE: Education allocation limits
Answer
11/17/16 7:15 PM as a reply to K. Aurelia Ball.
Dear Professor Ball,

The Startup allocation limit doesn't apply for educational awards on XStream. Please submit your proposal with the amount of SUs required for the class. 1 SU = 1 GPU hour on XStream.

Best regards,
--
Stephane Thiell
Stanford Research Computing