The discussion forums in the XSEDE User Portal are for users to share experiences, questions, and comments with other users and XSEDE staff. Visitors are welcome to browse and search, but you must login to contribute to the forums. While XSEDE staff monitor the lists, XSEDE does not guarantee that questions will be answered. Please note that the forums are not a replacement for formal support or bug reporting procedures through the XSEDE Help Desk. You must be logged in to post to the user forums.

« Back

Change default login shell

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Change default login shell
un-smart user needs help changing default loginshell!
Answer
4/5/12 11:30 PM
Currently my default shell is bash when I login (which is fine by me), but I am using some scripts that others wrote in t shell and so they do not work in my environment. From reading some previous threads, I see that there is a way to change the login shell through the XSEDE portal. However, I've spent quite awhile looking through the web page and CANNOT find this option. Could someone please point me to it? Sorry to bother all you experts. Feel free to mock me after answering my question.

RE: Change default login shell
Answer
6/21/13 5:52 PM as a reply to Tom Maiden.
FYI: As of 2pm ET today, this answer will be included in the XSEDE Knowledge Base: How do I change my login shell? emoticon