The discussion forums in the XSEDE User Portal are for users to share experiences, questions, and comments with other users and XSEDE staff. Visitors are welcome to browse and search, but you must login to contribute to the forums. While XSEDE staff monitor the lists, XSEDE does not guarantee that questions will be answered. Please note that the forums are not a replacement for formal support or bug reporting procedures through the XSEDE Help Desk. You must be logged in to post to the user forums.

« Back

XSEDE13 Student Panel?

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
XSEDE13 Student Panel?
xsede13 student engagement xsede scholars
Answer
2/4/13 6:29 PM
Are there any students interested in putting together a panel for the XSEDE'13 conference (July 22-25, San Diego, CA)? If so, please contribute to this forum thread so we can get a discussion going.

The deadline for submissions is March 8. If we can get a group of 4-6 students organized over the next couple of weeks, we'll have three weeks to craft a submission. Ideally this will be a paper, but not longer than 8 pages. The conference committee will also accept a 1-2 page abstract, but would prefer a paper.

The call for submissions is online at https://www.xsede.org/web/xsede13/call-for-participation. Note that there are a lot of other student opportunities as well, and there will be some funding to help defray the costs for students to attend.

(Also, if you're submitting to the conference anyway, please let me know. It's always nice to show NSF what students are up to. emoticon

Thanks!

Laura McGinnis
Manager, XSEDE Outreach Services
Coordinator, XSEDE Student Engagement

RE: XSEDE13 Student Panel?
Answer
2/5/13 3:42 AM as a reply to Laura F. McGinnis.
I'm interested, please keep me posted

Answer
2/7/13 1:19 AM as a reply to Laura F. McGinnis.
I'm interested as well.

Answer
2/19/13 7:11 PM as a reply to Laura F. McGinnis.
I am interested in the panel as well. I sent an email in a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't heard back. Is this still being put together?