The discussion forums in the XSEDE User Portal are for users to share experiences, questions, and comments with other users and XSEDE staff. Visitors are welcome to browse and search, but you must login to contribute to the forums. While XSEDE staff monitor the lists, XSEDE does not guarantee that questions will be answered. Please note that the forums are not a replacement for formal support or bug reporting procedures through the XSEDE Help Desk. You must be logged in to post to the user forums.

« Back

ibrun fails in Stampede

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
ibrun fails in Stampede
Answer
3/20/13 5:07 AM
Hi. After the maintenance of Stampede today, I found some problems for submitting jobs in Stampede. First, previous I always ran MPI jobs using "ibrun" command in the job script, following the user guide. However, when I tried to run the job with this command tonight, I got an error message saying "ibrun: command not found". Then I tried to use "mpirun" and "srun" to replace "ibrun", but this time I got the error message "Job submission is not allowed from this host. Please submit through one of the available login resources". I got confused by this error because I had already been added as a user to our allocation and I had submitted jobs successfully previously. I wonder what changes after the maintenance and how I should submit my jobs. Thanks.

RE: ibrun fails in Stampede
Answer
11/6/13 4:28 PM as a reply to Han Hu.
Did you submit a ticket about this?