The discussion forums in the XSEDE User Portal are for users to share experiences, questions, and comments with other users and XSEDE staff. Visitors are welcome to browse and search, but you must login to contribute to the forums. While XSEDE staff monitor the lists, XSEDE does not guarantee that questions will be answered. Please note that the forums are not a replacement for formal support or bug reporting procedures through the XSEDE Help Desk. You must be logged in to post to the user forums.

« Back to Allocations

Submitting request using portal and unable to save progress

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Hello All,

I'm trying to submit a startup proposal using the XSEDE allocation request system. But as I'm filling out the information I click "Save Progress", it will frequently and apparently randomly delete fields that I had filled out. Also, it doesn't seem to save my progress if I close the page, or logout. Therefore, if I fill out some of the information, and then come back later to fill in the rest, I have to start all over again.

Is the allocation request system still under development? Because seems rather troublesome to use at this time.

Best,
-Lane Votapka

RE: Submitting request using portal and unable to save progress
Answer
1/8/14 12:35 PM as a reply to Lane William Votapka.
Lane,

I tried to duplicate the problems you are experiencing with no luck, I checked and I do see an incomplete startup submission from you in the XSEDE proposal submission db. Have another look at your "Submission Home" page on the XSEDE portal as I think you will see your incomplete proposal listed.

Let me know if you do not see what I have seen and we can look into this more.

Ken Hackworth
XSEDE Allocations

Answer
1/8/14 12:57 PM as a reply to Lane William Votapka.
In the distant past, I had similar issues which were resolved by switching to a different browser. So, if you're using chrome, you might try firefox.

Answer
1/8/14 6:41 PM as a reply to Ken Hackworth.
Hi Ken,

Thanks for addressing the issue I was having. I think I might have missed the partially-complete application on Submission Home. I'll go ahead and try to fill out the application again. If I'm still having trouble, I'll switch browsers like Dana suggested.

Best,
-Lane

Answer
1/21/14 6:17 PM as a reply to Lane William Votapka.
Lane,

Was this resolved, or do you require further assistance?