The discussion forums in the XSEDE User Portal are for users to share experiences, questions, and comments with other users and XSEDE staff. Visitors are welcome to browse and search, but you must login to contribute to the forums. While XSEDE staff monitor the lists, XSEDE does not guarantee that questions will be answered. Please note that the forums are not a replacement for formal support or bug reporting procedures through the XSEDE Help Desk. You must be logged in to post to the user forums.

« Back to Campus Champions

Spreading the word

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Spreading the word
Answer
1/21/14 9:04 PM
Hello all,

I am a new champion at Missouri University of Science and Technology. I was wondering how the rest of you communicate with your respective campuses about the resources available to them through Xsede. I am hoping this thread will be useful to other new champions as well. I am personally planing on hosting a presentation of what Xsede is, the resources available, and the basics of getting a user account and requesting an allocation. If anyone has any suggestions of what has worked for you, or success stories to share that I could then share with our researchers please share them.

Thank you,
Buddy Scharfenberg
S&T Research Support Services

RE: Spreading the word
Answer
1/30/14 5:00 PM as a reply to Buddy Scharfenberg.
Buddy-- I also wanted to extend my welcome to you. Your institution is of particular interest to me since I was there when it was call the University of Missouri-Rolla. It is great to see you all coming on board!

-John